To remove VBA password in Excel document use following steps. The steps are really simple and you can remove the password in no time.Backup the xls file first!
- Using a HEX editor, locate the DPB=… part
- Change the DPB=… string to DPx=…
- Open the xls file in Excel
- Excel discovers an invalid key (DPx) and asks whether you want to continue loading the project (basically ignoring the protection)
- Open the VBA editor (ALT+F11)
- Overwrite the password, so change it to something you can remember
- Save the xls file
- Close and reopen the document and work your VBA magic!
If you want to remove password from protected sheet then see https://nirmaljoshi.wordpress.com/2011/05/25/breaking-excel-passoword/.